Whenever I leave our house I constantly check to make sure everything is turned off and safe.
There was one time a few years ago when our parents left their house and something tragic happened because they didn’t check to make sure all of the appliances were off.
The heating and cooling method in both our parents and our house is pretty old. My parents used to have a space gas furnace and one day the left it on when they went out. Something fell on the space heater, and you can think what the result was. The fire department was called to the house and our parents got a lesson in space gas furnace safety. After the incident our parents called an Heating and Air Conditioning professional and they decided that they wanted to install a oil furnace or something similar. My parents ended up going with a ductless mini split method in the end. I have yet to get rid of our space heater, but it is only due to the high cost of replacing it. I have met with an Heating and Air Conditioning professional and I have plans to switch our method to a heat pump. I think that once I get rid of our space gas furnace our house will be much safer and I will also save a fantastic deal of money on our heating and cooling costs. I never realized that s space gas furnace costs more money than newer options. It was pretty frightening to see our parents space gas furnace cause a fire, and that is why I am constantly so careful with mine.